Thursday, December 18, 2008

End of Year Burn Out

It seems like every year around this time I feel completely burned out at work. Maybe it's like this for everyone. I work for a HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air-conditioning and Refrigeration)manufacturing company. I am a manager of the training department responsible for teaching operation, repair, service and maintenance on our equipment. Over all I really enjoy the job. I get to meet a lot of people from all over the world and genuinely enjoy teaching when I'm in the classroom. However, at the end of the year once all the traveling is done and the classrooms are empty I am ready for a vacation. I just plain need a break. Dealing with budgets, employees concerns, deadlines and planning for next years business objectives has completely wore me down. Normally I would hop on my Harley and go for a ride to clear my head and relieve my stress, but since Winter in Wisconsin sucks that's not going to happen for a few months. The good news is that after tomorrow the much needed vacation begins. I will be off until Jan 5th. Of course the vicious cycle thing will probably kick in by the end of the vacation and I'll be looking forward to going back to work, recharged as it were and ready for the new year when the 5th gets here. And then it will come full circle next December. Oh well it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment